Heritage Museum

The 1,400 sq. ft. Heritage Museum re-opened in June 2015, following an extensive renovation, creating six distinct galleries designed to interpret the early settlement of southern Auglaize and Mercer counties in Ohio. Settlers to this area were largely of German descent and of the Roman Catholic faith. The displays in the museum reflect their way of life in the mid to late nineteenth century. Special attention has been devoted to the history of the Sisters of the Precious Blood and their contribution to the cultural development of these early pioneers.

The Heritage Museum highlights the spiritual development of the region since 1846 as shown by the growth of the Catholic faith, the German heritage, and the influence of the Sisters and Missionaries of the Precious Blood.